A call for expression of interest is being made to youth organisations based in Lagos, with over 10 members, who are engaged in young people programme implementation; youth sexual and reproductive health; HIV/AIDS, family planning and youth advocacy. Eligible organisations with track record that meets the stated criteria should apply. A team of 40 young people would be chosen from across organisations to build the Family Planning Youth Advocates for the project.
Comprehensive training on leadership skills, developing high impact action plans, Lagos State family planning policies and programmes, developing an issue brief and policy brief on family planning issues in Lagos, amongst others, would be held for the Family Planning Youth Advocates. Furthermore, the Youth Advocates would be engaged in programme implementation, conducting research, advocacy visits to policymakers and duty bearers on Family planning in Lagos State during the period of the project.
We believe that if the capacity of young people and organisations with potentials for impact in the Adolescent and Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health (AYSRH) field is built in identifying, tracking and advocating for youth focused family planning policies in Lagos, then there would be (i) more empowered young people with capacity to drive relevant changes and influence their peers, (ii) awareness and monitoring of the implementation of youth related family planning policies in Lagos, and (iii) effective implementation and accountability of youth related family planning policies in Lagos State.
INSTRUCTION TO PARTICIPATE
* Advocate organisation must have made significant contributions to family planning in any of the following categories: Advocacy, Programming/Program Implementation, Research, Service Delivery, Demand Generation, Policy/Government, Media
* Advocate organisation must have staff within the age range of 15 – 30 years old
* Advocate organisation must be committed to release selected staff for project activities within Lagos whenever is required within the project time line of July 2019 to December 2019
2. RECORD A MINUTE PITCH (VIDEO) HIGHLIGHTING HOW YOUR ORGANISATION HAVE MADE SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTIONS TO FAMILY PLANNING IN ANY OF THE CATEGORIES ABOVE!
* Follow us @ahead_nigeria on our Social platforms,
* Tag us in your video using hashtag #AheadFPAdvocate
3. Download Statement of Support and Signatures of Head and Key Persons in the Organisation Here. It’s a prequisite for submitting your form!